How to contribute
- The Fund is already open to contributions from partners from the private sector and bilateral and multi-lateral donors. Contributions can either be earmarked to a specific project or assigned to the Fund in general.
- Contributions to the Fund, in cash or in kind may be accepted by UNDP from the government of Member states of the United Nations, of the specialized Agencies or from intergovernmental or non-governmental organizations, or from private sources.
- Contributions to the Fund may be made in any of the following forms:
- As voluntary contributions without limitation to a specific project or projects.
- As contributions for the purpose of co-financing a specific project or projects to be handled in accordance with UNDP's normal policies and procedures for government and third-party cost sharing arrangements as well as cost-sharing with other UN agencies.
- As contributions to a specific project or projects under a subsidiary trust fund agreement entered into between the donor and UNDP in accordance with UNDP's normal policies and procedures for the establishment of trust funds with specific donors.
- As contributions to a specific project or projects under a management service agreement entered into between the donor and UNDP in accordance with UNDP's normal policies and procedures for the establishment of management service agreements.
- Contributions in cash to the Fund may be accepted by the administrator in fully convertible currency which the administrator determines can be readily utilized. Such contributions shall be deposited into bank accounts designated by UNDP
- The value of a contribution-payment if made in other than United States dollars, shall be determined by applying the United Nations operational rate of exchange prior to the full utilization by the UNDP of the contribution payment, the value of the balance of funds still held at that time will be adjusted accordingly. If in such a case, a loss of the value of the balance of funds is recorded, the UNDP shall inform the Donor with a view to determining whether any further financing could be provided by the Donor. Should such further financing not be available, the assistance to be provided pursuant to this agreement may be reduced, suspended or terminated by UNDP.